THE ESSENTIALS OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH
The core value here at rebootchristianity is to have unity on the essentials of the faith, and liberty on the non-essentials.
The ancient church did great work in describing what was true Christianity versus false religion, and the basics of these most ancient creeds are my only statement of faith.
Beyond the statement below we are free to disagree.
REBOOT CHRISTIANITY'S STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe that all people (Jew or Gentile, male or female, slave or free) can be followers of Christ. Gentiles are not bound by the Mosaic Law except for those parts which are universal morality (see Acts 15:23-29).
2. We believe in one God, the Father Almighty.
3. We believe that God actively created all things that are visible or invisible.
4. We believe Jesus Christ, the Lord, is the only Son of God.
5. We believe Jesus Christ is God just as the Father is God.
6. We believe Jesus was truly fully man and truly fully God simultaneously, possessing a soul and a physical body. Neither of these natures were superior to the another.
7. We believe that Jesus was made incarnate in human flesh and became a man.
8. We believe that Jesus was born to Mary, a Virgin. He did this explicitly in order to bring us our salvation.
9. We believe that Jesus lived a life like us in all ways except that He did so without committing sin.
10. We believe that Jesus suffered and was crucified at the hands of Pontius Pilate.
11. We believe that Jesus really died, was buried, and physically rose from the grave on the third day.
12. We believe that Jesus ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
13. We believe that Jesus will return to judge the living and the dead and establish an everlasting kingdom.
14. We believe in the Holy Spirit, who speaks through the prophets.
15. We believe that the Holy Spirit is rightly worshipped with the Father and the Son.
16. We believe in a holy, universal Church.
17. We believe in one valid baptism.
18. We believe that at the end of time there will be a resurrection of all the dead.
19. We believe that there will be eternal life in God's established kingdom.
20. We believe that the only path to this eternal life is by God's grace, via faith in Jesus of Nazareth.
For more information, see my post on Christian Councils and Creeds.